Much has been said about French Girl style,many blog posts written and books published. Yet one cant seem to get enough. And just like the rest of the world, I have a great love for everything french. French girl style, parisian chic, their approach to life, teh food, teh culture, the decor, the beauty secrets and that elusive “je ne sais quoi”
Here is my piece on the 10 wardrobe essentails that every quintessitial french girl seems to own :
1. Leather Jacket – Can go wrong with a leather jacket in a moto style. It works with everything and adds a touch of attitude.
2. Ballet Flats – Comfortable, stylish and easy to get around. Repetto is the french favourite.
3. Ankle length Jeans – Have u tried this, somehow the ankle length jeans and pants always look a lot cooler than the others.
4. A black dress – Its not just a french girl essential but its every girl’s wardrobe essential.
5. A tailored blazer/ Jacket – Worn over jeans, pants a dress everyone seems to have one and is regularly seen wearing it around from work to events to a night out.
6. Striped tees – Nautical stripes, always cool and worn with everything from jeans to skirts, shorts and to work under a blazer.
7. Scarves – Worn in tons of different ways, its a classic.
8. White button down shirt – A crisp white shirt, again cool, classic and understated.
9. Cashmere Sweater – A simple cahmere sweater in a nuetral color.
10. Converse Shoes – This seems to a popular choice of french girls to navigate the cobblestoned cities.
Image Credits – Cover Image, Images 1) 2) 3) 4) 5) 6) 7) 8) 9) 10.