All of us travel but how many of us put in some thought to our travel outfit? Most of us want to feel comfortable, warm and prepared for long travel times. While bus and train travel has different needs. The airport is one place where you can definitely dress comfortably yet stylishly. Sometimes you are rushing for a flight. Other times we are catching a flight at unearthly hours. Therefore the last thing on our mind is our style. Even then, we can all make an effort to look pulled together.
Some things to keep in mind while planning your airport outfit :
- Comfort – Of course this is key, you won’t be comfortable. So wearing an ill-fitting, tight clothes or high heels which hurt when you have to walk through the airports is a bad idea.
- Layers – A good idea to stay warm and when it gets too warm you can take off the layers. This also helps when you have to travel from cold to a warm climate and vice versa.
- Choose to wear something that doesn’t wrinkle easily.
- Do travel light, lesser hand baggage you have will ensure you look cool instead of huffing and puffing around.
- Avoid wearing high heels but please no flip-flops either. Loafers are a great choice. Anything that you can slip on and off easily.
- Keep in mind the jackets and shoes you may have to take off at the security check.
- Do carry a nice roomy stylish handbag instead of a rucksack and it helps if it zips up.
- If you wear jeans choose one with a stretch
- Do wear jewelry but go easy on anything that can weigh you down, irritate you or takes too long to take off in during security check. Will save you from annoying others behind you.
- Also, think about the fabric, wear something that won’t work against you in the static air.
- Do style your hair before you travel. Keep it clean, shiny and fuss-free instead of just putting your hair up in a shabby pony or bun.
- Do wear some light makeup, you want to look presentable. If it’s a long flight and you plan to snooze, you can carry cleansing wipes to take it off and then reapply lightly before you land at your destination.
Here are some of my favorite celebrity airport styles to inspire you.
Here is a link to a post of Flying Etiquette, loaded with tips for navigating the airport without annoying your co-passengers.
Image Credits: Cover Image, Pic 1, Pic 2, Pic 3, Pic 4, Pic 5, Pic 6