The 6 Indian Outfits To Wear For The Festive Season
Its an understatement to say that I don’t wear Indian ethnic wear often.Its quite rare for me to be seen in one on an everyday basis. I like to save it for special occasions like Weddings, Poojas and Festivals. Therefore shopping for Indian wear is also occasional for me. But every year during the festive season especially during Diwali I like to buy a few pieces to add to my collection.
I love sarees and I like collecting heirloom sarees. As is collecting Sarees from different regions in the country for their work and uniqueness. I find wearing one though is quiet a task especially with a toddler around. Not my choice of outfit when I’m on my feet keeping up with the little one.I once met Sabyasachi, the designer and we had this really fascinating conversation with him. He is also a big advocate of sarees, he said that wearing a Saree in the boardroom is like wearing a power suit. Well said, so in the coming year I plan to wear a saree more often. But this festive season here are the 6 outfits that I’m loving right now.
1.This Red saree from Raw Mango = Pure Love. Buy Here
2. For that effortlessy chic look, this floral linen kurta from Vrisa works well. Buy here.
3. This simple though pricey pastel pink outfit from Sukriti and Aakriti for that easy look. Buy here
4. This Chanderi and Cotton silk kurta and pants from Nicobar is pure elegance. Buy here
5. Give me a pastel outfit like this from Good Earth any day over a gaudy, heavily embroidered outfit in a riot of colors.I want to be caught dead in this outfit ! Buy here.
6. Yes another pastel but its so pretty isn’t it. This one is from The Loom. All these outfits look so pretty paired with Juttis or Kolhapuris. Even simple gold or silver flat sandals work well. Add a pair of Jhumkis and your good to go. Buy here.
Enjoy your festive season shopping.
Cover Image via Nicobar