I love food and I love trying new places for food or travel. And through my experimenting I have developed a love for tastes of different places besides Indian Food.Chinese, Thai, Japanese, Italian,Sri Lankan Food and having tried Ethiopian food thanks a friend in New York, I m a fan.Having been a lifelong Bangalorean I have an evolving list of favourite restaurants. Sometimes I like to eat at the same places all the time and at other times I just don’t want to go there at all until there comes a day when I crave a specific dish like this delicious Fettuccine with Mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes, its my comfort food or the Ramen at Fatty Bao on a rainy day, the tea at Koshy’s and the Café fudge from Corner House. Or the string hoppers with chicken curry at I&Monkey and the Masala Dosa at Konark. All my Favorites either after a tiring stressful day or when it rains. Funny isn’t it how much the weather has an impact on our lives, our food and lifestyles. So here are my current 5 Favorites in Bangalore
1. Fatty Bao – If you haven’t guessed it yet yup its for the Ramen as well as for the Laksa. Perfect for when you need comfort food or to warm you up on a rainy day.
2. Sunny’s – This place is an old favourite and has been around for ages.I’ve been going here for the last 18 years and probably before that even so its great that they have retained their old favorites on the menu and maintained their reputation for good food over the years. I love the new place they have moved to especially the outdoor seating. My standard order here is the ‘Black Pepper Fettuccine with wild mushrooms and Ceaser chicken salad. But I’ve tried and liked the Lasagna, the Fish Diane,the grilled Basa as well as the Pizzas. TheDevils food cake is just sinful.
3. Mamagoto – Madly in love with the food, the ambience and the lively atmosphere especially on the weekends. It gets full really fast so book a table in advance on the weekends. Must try their snap peas salad and the Laksa
4. Café Noir , UB City – When you need a place to unwind over coffee in a peaceful place where else can you go in this city but here. This place works for me every time to catch up with friends over coffee,or after a heavy lunch, for an early breakfast with family or a quick café break with my toddler. Plus I love their desserts especially the Tiramisu and fruit tarts.
5.Rim Naam , The Oberoi – For the tastiest Thai food just head to Rim Naam at the The Oberoi. Authentic food and a beautiful ambience, its a dining experience. Try the Pad Thai, the stir fries or the Curries, the juicy prawns and the brilliant Tom Yum Soup. Fine Dining at its best.
6. Smokehouse Deli – I go here so often that I literally have to force myself to try another place to eat when I step out for lunch these days. I like the place, the service, the food and that food is served here all day long. So no rush to make it before they close for lunch.I love their Salads especially the asparagus and grape salad and the Breakfast menu – served all day. One word – Happiness !
Image : Fatty Bao,Bangalore ,Image Credit : http://reviewofrestaurants.blogspot.in