A few years ago, I used keep falling sick, catching the common cold was very common and so being down with the Flu. It took me a while to figure out that it was my immunity that was terrible. Once i became aware of this,I started to find ways to improve my immunity.
2 things that I did was – Drink a glass of warm water and lemon juice and honey every morning on an empty stomach.The 2nd was to start drinking a green smoothie.While with the warm water and lemon juice, I stopped adding honey, the green smoothie keeps getting tweaked regularly.
Did this help my immunity ? I think it did. The effects weren’t immediate, but after about 6 months of doing this regularly I noticed an improvement and now that I have been regular, I find that it’s not often I fall ill. And I notice that my immunity starts to get impacted again when I’m irregular with this regime.
Here is my recipe for my health concoction :
- 1 / 2 an apple or 1 small banan
- A few pieces of beetroot
- 1/2 a carrot
- Greens leaves that I have in my fridge like – Spinach or Amaranth
- A sprig of Mint – Optional
- A small piece of ginger
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of organic Spirulina powder
- Acai seeds or Flax seeds
- 1 / 2 teaspoon of Moringa powder
- Put all these with a little water in a high-speed blender and blend into a smoothie.
- If you want to sweeten it add either honey, stevia powder or like I do a tsp of peanut butter in the blender and your smoothie is ready.
Drink and Go!
Images : Pictures taken by me of the Green smoothie at HappyHealthyMeOrganics